Scientist computational chemistry
Confo Therapeutics, a spin-off of VIB and VUB, is a drug discovery company built around a disruptive technology which enables it to address ‘undruggable’ GPCRs. The company is building a portfolio of transformative medicines in various disease areas. Confo Therapeutics is currently located on the Etterbeek campus of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and on the Technology Park in Zwijnaarde/Ghent. More information about Confo’s technology and strategy can be found on www.confotherapeutics.com .
For the expansion of our drug discovery team in Ghent we are currently looking for a (m/f):
Scientist computational chemistry
- Advance structure-or ligand-based drug discovery by introducing computational chemistry methodologies to effectively utilize structural information, molecular modeling techniques, in silico prediction models, chemical library design and data mining.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard modeling and informatics packages such as Schrödinger (or equivalent), MOE and Dotmatics products
- Play a key role in our drug discovery projects: provide computational chemistry/modeling expertise and support to active drug discovery projects
- Design molecules and virtual libraries to meet project goals
- Work closely with collaborators and other members of the drug discovery group to drive programs and our technology forward
- Project leader role, expected to maintain focus and provide direction to the team members with clear project plans and defined timelines.
- Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all projects
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in computational chemistry, organic chemistry, or physical chemistry preferably with at least 3 years of experience in a biotech environment.
- Experience in structure-based drug design in GPCRs
- Experience in the following molecular modeling areas: structure/ligand/fragment-based design cheminformatics, virtual ligand screening, computationally-driven lead optimization, ligand-based drug design, molecular dynamics, homology modeling, quantum mechanics, cheminformatics, or ADMET/QSPR with a demonstrated track record of success in the application of these techniques to drug discovery programs
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages and/or chemically aware databases
- Ability to design compounds in a 3D structure-based environment: understanding of small molecule conformations, and ionization and tautomeric states, understanding of protein-ligand interactions
- Ability to drive multiple projects within a matrix based organization and via intense collaboration
- Ability to adapt activities & priorities to challenging deliverables
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature and integrate knowledge coming from different sources; pragmatic and problem solver attitude
- Team player with objectives-driven mind-set
- Skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
A competitive compensation package with extensive benefits
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in a growing and ambitious biotech company
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company
Do you have the right qualifications and are you up to the challenge of joining our entrepreneurial team? Then forward a short motivation letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.